2019年7月28日星期日

Running DirecTV to a shed ~100 ft. from house

I've recently purchased a custom built shed that will serve as a workshop and also a man cave during the upcoming football season. It's around 100 ft from my house. I plan on running power and ethernet to it and I also want to be able to watch DirecTV out there.

I have 2 receivers in my house (Genie and Genie Mini). I don't want to add another receiver to my account so I was planning on just taking the Genie Mini out of my bedroom on the weekends and hooking it up in the shed via coax (ran in same conduit as ethernet).

I have a 2-way SWM splitter on the side of my house. If I just purchased a 3-way SWM splitter on Amazon to replace the existing 2-way, could I run the coax from the 3rd terminal to the shed with no problems? If not, could someone point me in the right direction here?

submitted by /u/CrunchyTunes12
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2yhOJCD

没有评论:

发表评论