2019年7月28日星期日

Need to replace (suspected) blown oven element - what precautions to take?

Hi all,

The appliance in question is a Defy model #521 stove/oven.

Recently I would turn on my oven and after a few minutes of heating up my mains would trip; all the hobs of the stove work, and I therefore have a strong suspicion that the oven's element has packed up.

I want to remove the oven's element and take it to a local specialty store that sells components of that nature. I do not have any professional tools to check whether a current is running through the appliance, and to unplug it, it appears that I need to unscrew and remove a panel off the back of the unit to disconnect the wiring from the wall to the unit.

I'm loathe to perform this step if I can avoid it, and in this regard I'd like to know whether it would be sufficient/safe to work on extracting the element if I simply switch off all the circuits at the circuit board.

1) Is there a remote possibility of current running through oven (or it storing some manner of "minor?" residual current)?

2) Could the community kindly offer any other advice I should be cognisant of when performing the repair?

Kind regards, and thank you for the feedback.

submitted by /u/PartiZAn18
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2ZgVyjN

没有评论:

发表评论