2019年7月29日星期一

Bathroom ceiling issue. Moisture or bad dry wall repair?

The ceiling in my bathroom has been bothering me lately. I want to repaint the walls and my shower tiles, so I figured now is the time to tackle the ceiling as well. We are in Ontario, Canada and our home was built in 1995. When we moved in, I noticed a bump forming in the top left corner but when I poked it, it was solid. We have been here for 1.5 years now and the bump/protrusion has not only gotten bigger, but I have been noticing more issues including the paint flaking. The flaking is what has me wondering if it was moisture. I also noticed today of what looks like bumps from moisture, however upon closer inspection, I realized it was just shotty patch work, and they really are just unsanded mounds of plaster. That then made me realize that the peeling and issues seem to only be in lines of where someone looks to have taped or mudded. I also noticed more drywall screws starting to pop out which is what I discovered is the protrusion. We shower with the fan on, door open. The fan is older but seems to work decently? I'm sorry for the potato quality pictures. My phone just couldn't capture what I needed without the green hue. Flash made the imperfections disappear. So long story long, is this something I can fix by sanding and screwing in the screws? Is it more of a moisture issue? I scraped away two spots to see if there was any mold or if it felt damp underneath and it wasn't. We plan on getting a new ceiling fan but I really don't want to waste my time trying to just cover this if in reality the ceiling needs to be replaced. The previous owners were horrible, utterly horrible, diy'ers and they left us with similar patch work on our walls which our lawyer helped us get covered by them for the repairs. So that is why I am wondering if I have just found another shitty job they've done and maybe moisture has had a hand in making it more visible as of late. Please be kind, I need help and just want to do this right.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9zbEvBO

Edit: also, I know the photos make our bathroom colour look gross and tacky as hell but I swear it's not that ugly! However, we have quickly outgrown the way too bright of colour and just want to paint it white. We need to fix the issues first though! So please overlook that haha

submitted by /u/woolife
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/332qCq2

没有评论:

发表评论