2020年5月9日星期六

Bridge building over a creek

I‘m interesting in building a footbridge across a small creek that bisects my land and seeking advice for getting started with construction. I’ve come across several tutorial sites and videos but have a specific question.

I think the bridge will need to be about 25’ long to traverse the gap from sold land to solid land. I’d like it to be about 6’ across and hold a load of around 1000 lb. The creek is small but there‘s a moderate to steep 5’ bank on either side with some erosion (as an aside I’m working on stabilizing the bank but want to put the bridge a bit farther back to prevent accidents). Is it possible to build this bridge without center support posts in the center of the creek?

submitted by /u/happy_kinase
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2WgizEt

没有评论:

发表评论