2020年5月27日星期三

Am I doing these chain link fence measurements correctly?

I've got Lowe's installation instructions that say:

Terminal posts:

Chain link fabric height
+2" (to allow for attachment of the rail band and cap)
+ Depth of post in the ground
-------------------------------------------------
Total post height.

Line posts:

Chain link fabric height
-2" (to allow for the top rail)
+ Depth of post in the ground
-------------------------------------------------
Total post height.

I'm installing a 5' chain link fence. I bought 7' line posts and 7' terminal posts to have enough room to bury them. However, the actual fence fabric measurement is 58.75". Is that common for it to be an inch or more 'shorter' than the 5 feet (60 inches)? Should I be rounding to 59" or measuring to the T with everything exact? It is kind of confusing and the instructions say nothing about any of this.

For terminal posts, I'm taking the 84" of the post height, subtracting the 58.75 for the fence fabric and adding the 2" for the rail band and cap. That gives me 27.25" remaining to bury the post.

For line posts, I'm taking the 84" of the post height, subtracting the 58.75 for the fence fabric and subtracting the 2" to allow for the top rail. That gives me 23.25" remaining to buy the post.

I'm going to use a few inches of gravel first and then the concrete on top up until about 2" from the surface, then cover it with dirt after the concrete cures. I'm using fast setting concrete. Is my math on this going to check out and work out with the heights?

submitted by /u/jmr106
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3c3QPaQ

没有评论:

发表评论