2020年5月27日星期三

Curious about a lightweight hoist system for some heavy and awkward wood working pieces.

I need to consistently lift/raise ~550 lbs max about 12-16 inches off the ground. It’s for large woodworking pieces. Due to limited space and working alone, I can’t just flip them, jack from below, or lift them to reach areas I need for finish/detail work on the lower parts. My back is killing me from squatting and kneeling to get to these areas.

There are some affordable 440 lb electric hoists that seem viable if I have one at each end of 8-10 foot long pieces. I’m capable of mounting them securely to my ceiling joists in my shop and understand the rigging for my particular pieces.

The problem I’ve seen is that these cheaper hoists seem to be to setup for a fixed placement. It would be ideal to have two of them parallel running on a short track (~5-6ft), so I may do my work on one piece, lower it, and move over a few feet to pick another. I’m certain I could rig something with two of these hoists that would work safely, but there must be some lightweight ones meant for a track setup?

Admittedly, I’ve yet to dig too deep into this problem yet, but I thought I’d throw it out here in hopes of a simple solution.

submitted by /u/BureauOfSabotage
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2TLQx1V

没有评论:

发表评论