2020年5月16日星期六

Advice on putting a retaining wall in over some PVC piping I didn’t think I’d find

I’m digging a trench for a retaining wall and French drain next to a concrete walkway that runs across the slope of a slowly eroding hill.

This week while digging I unearthed some non-perforated 4” pvc piping which I’m thinking is maybe a sewage line from an addition that was put on prior to the walkway being added.

The pipe comes out from under the walkway where my 6” of compacted base material is/was going to be. The pipe runs just under where the end of the wall is supposed to be, at that point the wall will be 2’ above ground, highest point is 3’ above ground.

My questions is given the load this pipe has apparently been able to take for the last 2-3 decades am I good to add and compact the base material around and above it and continue with the wall as planned or should I avoid having any bit of wall over this pipe.

Luckily this pipe does not extend back to where my French drain needs to be.

Thanks for any advice offered.

submitted by /u/jtp_5000
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3cECDpX

没有评论:

发表评论