2020年4月7日星期二

fixing up old tree house

Reinforcing an old treehouse?

Hello! My grandparents have a dilapidated treehouse in their backyard that I’d like to take on as a project. I figure with quarantine happening this would be a good time to get working. I’ve never done any DIY work so this is all very new to me. I’m more of a design person lol, I like painting and adding to the aesthetics—not so much the building and rough stuff. However, I really want it to be cute AND safe so my younger cousins can enjoy it. My biggest concern is making sure it’s structurally sound. I’m a 140lbs and feel pretty safe on it. It wobbles a little bit of I shake it but it’s not creaking or very obviously falling apart (besides the rails which are very much falling off). It’s attached to a shed and some posts (pictured). Just from looking at it though I can’t tell if there’s anything alarming that needs to be addressed first, like wood rot? I dunno. Like I said I’ve never done this. I’d really appreciate some insight on how to start this project. I linked a whole bunch of photos of the house, if anyone has a moment to look at them and give an opinion, I’d really appreciate it! Thank you and I hope you’re all staying healthy!! (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

tree house pics

submitted by /u/bananastand999
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2xXDLp4

没有评论:

发表评论