2020年4月29日星期三

Advice! Armoured cable to power garage at end of garden.

Hello!

UK based!

I’m looking for some advice, I’m not a qualified electrician by any means, I’m happy with wiring plugs and simple circuits, but once we get into cable diameters I’m out.

My in-laws have a garage at the end of their garden, they’re looking at upgrade it a bit by adding some power for lights and some 13amp sockets.

The cable run is 40 meters and it’s being fed from an 16amp MCB on their main intake to the house. When looking at armoured cable to run down the garden (I don’t want to put a spade through it in a few years time and get a nasty shock.... pun intended) I was given an array of core diameters, I literally have no idea what I’d need, but also understand that too thin a core will beat up and either burn out or worse, cause a fire.

Can anyone explain the maths to me? It’s literally going to run 2 fluorescent lights and some 13amp sockets to charge power tools, power the hoover to clean the car, simple garage stuff, no car lifts, no heavy machinery.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/wezatron4000
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2xjspf6

没有评论:

发表评论