2020年2月26日星期三

Trying to install aux port in 2003-2007 (7th Gen) Honda Accord

Had this car for a couple months or so and loving it, but my current music solution of bluetooth radio transmitter isn't giving me the audio quality I would like.

I've seen a couple of aux kits which connect to the bottom of the radio, and some Bluetooth kits as well.

Problem is that the Bluetooth kits seem to either run up to £120 (insane prices) or there are £25 versions from China that would take 2 months to get here. I don't remember that being the case, even from China, in recent years. Seems like a ridiculous wait.

I don't want to get ripped off here, so I was hoping someone could fill me in on some information:

Firstly, does this port have a specific name? Searching "Honda accord aux port" makes me feel like I'm searching "PS4 controller cable" because I don't know what a USB port is called. Like, I'll get some relevant results but way less than I could be.

Secondly, I haven't found the exact part for my car, specifically, but there seems to be small ~£10 wiring harnesses to convert the connector to a different aftermarket standard. I can imagine these kits would be way cheaper and easier to find with generic connectors. So, is this the case, and would the radio controls still be able to change tracks via Bluetooth (A2DP?) or would this functionality be lost.

Would appreciate any help here. There doesn't seem to be a large community of people knowledgeable about this sort of thing (that I can find)

submitted by /u/Srapture
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2uCBJcO

没有评论:

发表评论