2020年2月25日星期二

I built an industrial style blanket chest to give to my girlfriend on her birthday, and also included an engraving of a very important question.

I built an industrial style blanket chest to give to my girlfriend on her birthday, and also included an engraving of a very important question.

I began working on the chest just before Christmas. I started by drawing up plans in AutoCAD and welded the steel frame. I machined the hinges on my lathe, and a friend of mine who works at a cabinet shop took on the responsibility of the walnut panels (I would've done it myself, but he offered to help and since I was on a time crunch and also working 12 hour days. I needed all the help i could get, also he didn't charge me anything for the lumber. Seriously one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.) My next door neighbor TIG welded some of the smaller parts that I was unable to do with my MIG welder. Another friend helped me out with the laser engraving. I used boiled linsead oil on the walnut and finished it only hours before I gave it to her. Yesterday I hired a pilot and took her on a private flight over a Zion National Park. In the meantime, my brother and a friend dropped off the chest at her house. After the flight and a dinner date at her favorite restaurant, I took her home and told her I made her something for her birthday. I turned on the light and walked her over to the chest and told her there was a note for her on the inside of the lid. she opened it and took a step back and looked at me with the biggest grin. I got on one knee and put a ring on her finger. I stood up and she said "yes."

More photos here: https://imgur.com/gallery/LD2DVAw

https://preview.redd.it/itk3gti776j41.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=da298428243cde7d4cbc80bfe1c3098e8a73f925

submitted by /u/DaagTheDestroyer
[link] [comments]


from DIY https://ift.tt/2SWQfp5

没有评论:

发表评论