2020年2月25日星期二

Diy tub replacement possible?

Cross posted in home improvement

We bought our home a few years ago and the master bath had a non-working jacuzzi tub. That was fine until the plastic of one of the Jets cracked and my bath water began leaking to ?? whatever surface is below the tub. (Slab foundation, one story home.) Around the time this happened we had a new baby and we were just exhausted with life so the easiest solution was I'd just take showers from now on. The tub hasn't been used in two years. I nerve noticed any water damage but I wouldn't know where I would be able to notice it anyway because the bathroom is the farthest corner of the house on an outside wall. So where would I see damage?

I want to buy a new tub from Lowe's and have it delivered. I want my husband and his two brothers to remove the old tub and install the new one. One brother is a skilled maintenance man for a large apartment complex and can fix just about anything. Other brother is skilled as well, with a perfectionist streak. We plan on staying in the house only another 2 years or so, and then selling. I want a working tub for as little $ as possible.

My experience with diy jobs is that they always end up being more money and work than you expect. Is this a job that 3 capable men can do? What's the worst possible scenario lurking under the existing tub? What should I prepare myself for? Here's a pic of the tub and surrounding cultured marble things around it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tycw4wu

submitted by /u/dynamanda
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2HZqQoc

没有评论:

发表评论