2020年2月19日星期三

How to install exterior wall sconce on flat siding

I have a large new shed constructed in my backyard, and I have completed running electricity into it through a subpanel. All the interior wiring is done and working, but I'm having difficulty figuring out the correct way to mount the two exterior light sconces flanking the doors.

I have done a ton of google searching on the subject, but virtually all information assumes that you're installing on lap siding - however, the shed walls are flat grooved OSB panels similar to this picture

I am considering installing them using flush-mounted 4-inch round old-work electrical boxes with flanges like this However, I'm uneasy about the size of this hole and trusting caulk alone to keep it weathertight. I'd prefer to feed the wire through a much smaller hole into an exterior junction box, but all the exterior boxes are much too large to fit under the base of the sconce. Are small metal pancake boxes viable in this application, or is there another way?

submitted by /u/klepto_bismol
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2V5lHTu

没有评论:

发表评论