2020年2月1日星期六

Did I wire this correctly?

Did I wire this correctly?

Hey all,

First off, it all works, no spark, smoke, heat, so I am assuming it’s wired correctly but I wanted to float my connections as I’m just an amateur with some past life experience as a GC.

Safety wise I made sure to kill the circuit and check all wires with a multimeter before engaging in this project.

The Project: Wiring a new bathroom exhaust fan with light. (What a son of a gun it was sweating and crawling in a 100 year old attic)

Layout:

  • Light switch 3 wire Romex runs into the attic, not the power source.

  • 3 wire romex from junction box, the power source.

  • Exhaust + light has 4 wires and a ground screw. White+black for fan, and white+blue for light.

My wiring using wing nuts to make the connections...

  • Power Source Black + Light Switch Black
  • Power Source White + Both exhaust and light white
  • Light Switch White + Exhaust black and light blue
  • Power Source + Light Switch Bare wire to green nut on fan box

Sound correct to you?

submitted by /u/almagestnebula
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3aZeFW5

没有评论:

发表评论