2020年5月21日星期四

DIY SUGGESTION! [Lawn] [Sod Reusing] [Sod Cutting]

https://i.imgur.com/0dyOQUv.jpg

Here’s my dad’s lawn. Since, he will be out of town for a while, I want to finish his long pending backyard.

My plan is to build a paver patio on the front gravel surface. But the problem here is sod area on the back. If you see it’s on an elevation of about a foot from the ground (for some reason unknown to me).

Therefore for the paver patio, I need to lower the level of sod area. My plan is remove the sod, level the soil underneath with the surrounding area and instal the earlier removed sod. What would be the best way? I did some research and came up with the following options,

  • Sod cutter machine. I’m good with the rental amount but transporting it will be a hassle from the store.
  • Manual sod cutter. But couldn’t find anywhere near my area.
  • Using spade. Make small squares and shovel them out!

I’ve no problem using a spade, even if it takes a while. My only concern is that the removed sod pieces won’t have even depth among them and thus will cause a pain during installation!

Any suggestions?

Also, the sod is about 2 years old. Would there be any problem reusing it?

submitted by /u/upnran
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2ZqSjJG

没有评论:

发表评论