2020年4月4日星期六

Hollow Core Door Desk Support Tips

Hello all,

I’m building a desk with a door I found on clearance for 10$, it’s 80”x24” and 1 3/8” thick with nice looking lauan on the faces.

I know for regular legged desks solid-core is advised but I got this for a steal at $10 CAD with no holes or damage.

I’m going to have it resting in two 30” tall solid wood made in Canada two drawer filing cabinets at each end that I got for relatively cheap.

My question is, the two drawer cabinets are 16” wide each, meaning between them there will be a 48” gap of unsupported lauan door. Should I add one leg at the back end where there’s solid wood, run a few 2x3 support braces along the edge or just leave it to rest on the two wood cabinets?

The table will have a 35” curved led panel clamped on and my computer tower (directly atop on of the cabinets). For the keyboard/mouse I was thinking of using the rails from my existing desk and just suspending them under the door with some 2x3s running the width of the door.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

submitted by /u/gingerbreadraza
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/39GyS0W

没有评论:

发表评论