2019年8月27日星期二

Refurbishing an old wooden table

Hey all, I'm no professional, but I need some advice. I got a very cheap used dining table which perfectly matched my room. Its great except it came with many scratches and blemishes. Because of this, I decided to buy some wood oil for it. I did some quick research and found that certain oils are food safe. I decided to buy Howards Feed n Wax because it contains Carubana Oil, Orange Oil, and Beeswax. I read that Beeswax and Carubana were food safe. I used this oil and it worked great, though pretty messy. I went back on Amazon and looked at some of the comments there and many people were saying it was not food safe due to it containing petroleum. The bottle did not have any ingredients list and it did not say it was unsafe for food on the bottle or on the Amazon description.

I'm at a loss about what to do. I really like this table. Do I need to get the oil off somehow? Do I just never put food on it? Or is this all ridiculous and its still fine to use?

Thanks

submitted by /u/marsgee123
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2PhrG6i

没有评论:

发表评论