2020年3月28日星期六

Realllllly fudged up my wall

Installing a metal floating shelf in a plaster wall in an old house So, I drilled some small guideholes in my plaster wall. It was soft at the front but then very hard and then finally hollow. I then installed the anchors that came with the shelf. I then used.the screws that came with the shelf and start screwing the shelf into the wall. I noticed that one screw was turning but not going into the anchor anymore. Turns out it was just spinning the anchor in the wall grinding the plaster/drywall around it As a result, the hole got too big and the whole thing was loose. I took it out and found that the other anchor snapped in half in the wall.

I now have two anchor sized holes. One has a bit of anchor stuck in it.

The shelf is thin and has a geometric design below it. It won't hide the old holes. Also, based on room design, the holes are exactly where they need to be for the shelf to be hung. Even if it went slightly up or down, the shelf wouldn't cover the old holes and they'd be very visible.

I'm not even sure where to start. Do I repair the holes, do I get a bigger anchor and use the same hole? Repair probably involves tape and mud and painting a whole wall. Any help is appreciated!!

submitted by /u/Bob-Loblaw-Law-Blog
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3dzs0W9

没有评论:

发表评论