2020年3月27日星期五

HELP - Washing Machine is buckled at the bottom and makes horrible scraping sound. How to fix (cheaply)? Bang bottom with hammer? Replace suspension rods? Other?

FYI - I picked this GE WCSE3100A1WW washing machine up off the road. So far, it's cost me about $0 (only the price of some hoses), and I'd like to keep expenses down.

As the machine fills with water, the bottom comes down and closes the gap until that nut scrapes against the bottom. https://i.imgur.com/x0sGa1I.jpg

I don't know why the bottom is buckled like that. Is that normal? Is it something I can just bang out with a hammer? Or is it by design to increase structural strength?

Alternatively, I noticed that if I gently push on the drum, perhaps and inch or two, it no longer scrapes the bottom. I could glue some foam to the front panel, and that would push the drum permanently off center by just a little bit. I held it there through spin as well, and didn't seem to cause any issue. Now I know that off-alignment isn't generally a good idea, but just a little bit, is that going to cause serious problems very quickly?

TITLE: Washing Machine is buckled at the bottom and makes horrible scraping sound. How to fix (cheaply)? Bang bottom with hammer? Replace suspension rods? Other?

submitted by /u/Another4654556
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3anNy68

没有评论:

发表评论