2020年3月15日星期日

Finishing teak furniture that’s never been finished but has lots of water/cup stains and rings

https://imgur.com/gallery/6tpqkOE

Hi diy

I have a question about finishing teak furniture. I bought a coffee table at a thrift store for a bargain a few years ago. they said it was unfinished and unsealed and that coasters were mandatory. I mostly took care of it but my friends didn’t. I now have some serious rings and water spots that I’m ready to get rid of and prevent future ones.

If I sand this down and start fresh with one of the many finishing tutorials on here is that going to work (provided I do the rest of it right)?

My only concern is that my table has water marks directly on the wood and not just on a layer of sealant or finish. Is a water spot ever going to be too permanent to sand out? My guess is probably no, just wanted to post my pic for some reassurance that what I’m doing isn’t a waste of time or going to leave me with something uglier than what I’m starting with.

submitted by /u/glistenr
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2wYsq7T

没有评论:

发表评论