2019年10月13日星期日

High heat or regular paint around the fireplace?

Hi all, I bought a new place, started painting my fireplace, and then realized I might need high heat paint and stopped. I went to my local home improvement and paint store and found out they don't have high heat white paint except as a spray paint. If I don't plan on painting inside where the flames are do I even need high heat paint or will regular paint suffice? In the imgur photo, there's 2 areas that I'm concerned about the floor (blue) and the wall (red) is that called a mantle? (For some reason I keep thinking the mantle is only the top flat part).

https://i.imgur.com/ZchBMP5.png

Currently remodeling so please ignore my mess

For those wondering, yes, the fireplace looks like it has cracks and yes it has been deemed unsafe in an inspection report, I will eventually get it fixed, in the mean time I want to make sure the paint is done correctly independently of that repair.

submitted by /u/ILLEGAL_MEXICAN
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2ouBjSP

没有评论:

发表评论