2019年10月13日星期日

Electrical questions.

I changed out the 40ish year old outlets and light switches in my garage today. When I changed the light switch I noticed one of the black wires had about 2 inches of insulation removed with electrical tape wrapped around it but there was about an inch of insulation at the end of the wire. So basically about two inches of insulation missing in the middle. Would there be any reason for this? The old electrical was brittle and I saw a bit of exposed wire so I wrapped new electrical tape around it.

Also, whenever I change outlets and switches in the house I’ve noticed that none of the ground wires were connected. Why would the grounds not be connected? I connect the grounds whenever I install new stuff though.

submitted by /u/cameron-jansen
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2VCFTdy

没有评论:

发表评论