2019年9月14日星期六

Random ceiling joist is all metal?

I'm trying to install one of these in my garage. I have a stud finder to find the ceiling joists to mount the ceiling anchors on, and they are every 18 inches as expected across the ceiling of my garage.

However, one of them seems to be metal for its entire length. I have now tried drilling into it across a distance of 1 and a half feet, but every single time I hit metal (which I can feel with the drill, but also confirm looking into the hole with a flashlight).

Am I just SOL? With the joists being 18" apart and the anchors/brackets being only 26" long I can't skip a joist and still be able to install it. Any idea why there would be all this random metal, and if I should keep drilling along its length to see if it goes back to wood at some point?

submitted by /u/shadow1515
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2LVkdFh

没有评论:

发表评论