2019年9月26日星期四

Help with my rolling gaming station, and temperatures.

So I’ve been sitting on this idea for a year or two now, and now that my son is getting a little older and much more interested in video games (only a little help from me), I’d like to bring this idea to fruition.

So I bought this rolling cabinetwith a little shelf space in it, drilled out some holes in the back for cables to come through to the top for monitor and whatnot, and I put my Xbox inside the cabinet (you can laugh) thinking nothing was wrong. Hour or two later it over heated, who would’ve thought.... We’re tight on space in the house, so wherever me or my son wants to log some time on the consoles, I roll the cart to and from and plug the power strip in and we’re good to go.

Anyway, the cabinet itself is a little too tall to bring the monitor to eye level, which isn’t the biggest deal, and not my main concern. (I’m hoping I can mount the monitor on some type of arm to bring it down and in front of the cabinet for comfortability, but I have yet to find such an arm/mount that clamps or mounts to a surface AND the monitor/TV.)

Further, to create less clutter and cables all over the place, I’d really like to fashion some way to keep the consoles inside the cabinet. Even with the doors open it gets to an uncomfortable temperature.

I’ve never done anything like this, but I also don’t want to cut holes and mount some PC fans and do all of the wiring if it won’t matter in the long run/wont work.

Curious to see if anyone has done anything like this, or could offer some ideas!! Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Jaybles727
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2mZ2JyV

没有评论:

发表评论