2019年9月11日星期三

First DIY project - $600 bathroom refresh

Link to pictures!

After 2 years of homeownership I decided to tackle my first project which was to “refresh” the bathroom. I don’t want to call it a renovation because that sounds too major, but it was a little more involved than just redecorating.

I didn’t want to get in over my head (I have no DIY experience) and I also didn’t want to break the bank. So I had a budget of $750 but was hoping to keep it under $500. I needed up spending about $600.

Here are a breakdown of some of the costs: New vanity top - $250 New light fixture -$75 New faucet -$68 Mirror - $55 Paint -$35 Random tools/supplies from Home Depot - ~ $70 Towel bar and shower rod -$40

I was able to sell the old mirror I had to recoup a little of the cost.

This took me just over a week of working on it on and off after work. I wish I had more before pictures, but I think I took it up a few notches while sticking to a budget and getting some DIY confidence. Before anyone comments that I should paint the cabinet white, I’m considering it but this matches the cabinets in my kitchen. I’m still on the fence about whether I want to jump on the white cabinet trend.

Hopefully I can inspire another total DIY noob to try something out! I’ve already learned a lot and I’m starting to think about what to do next.

submitted by /u/Robivennas
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2I2kFjE

没有评论:

发表评论