2019年8月26日星期一

Rental: stacking things on gas oven

Hello! I've recently moved into a 50s-era rental house that has limited kitchen space. There's a little gas oven and a hob next to it. It would be great to use the space on top of the oven for food prep, or for my kettle/toaster, but naturally it gets quite hot.

I was considering grabbing some fire-resistant board to pop on top so I can use it as another surface, but I'm not sure if it's safe or a great recipe for fire.

When I've been researching, most of the guidance is for electric ovens or gas ovens that have a hob on top, rather than the oven on it's own. Some things I've read have discouraged it, but usually due to ventilation concerns which is not a concern in this case because there's no ventilation on top.

Tl;dr Is putting a fire-resistant board on top of a gas oven and then leaving your electric kettle or toaster on top a recipe for fire?

Thank you very much!

submitted by /u/Kateliterally
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2zmqMLh

没有评论:

发表评论