2019年8月22日星期四

How can I identify Dirty Sock Syndrome vs dirty or bad A/C duck work?

My master bedroom smells really bad, like strong mildew. It has gotten to the point I don't feel comfortable sleeping in there. It also wasn't cooling much. There was a 3-5 degree difference from the intake to the strongest return vent. We have had the home warranty company send out a group three times now.

First they cleaned the drain line. On the second visit they added 3lbs of Freon R22 ($210), third they changed the TXV valve because the liquid line started vibrating excessivly in the wall.

My question is would cleaning the evaporation coil take care of my musty / mildew smell in my Master bedroom? I find it strange that if that is the issue, only one vent smells so strong. I took the vent off and didn't see any mildew at the opening or in the ductwork. The ductwork runs between the second and first floor.

Additional info: Downstair (approx 1900 sqft) is run on a single unit, but only the Master Bedroom vent has strong mildew smell. The smell is consistantly coming out, not just when the A/C is kicking on or off.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/qH1e2pt

submitted by /u/SrMalarkey
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2ZnNZqI

没有评论:

发表评论