2020年3月16日星期一

Replaced shower cartridge twice and still leaks

My guest bath's shower developed a slow leak (about 5 gallons per day). I replaced the cartridge and it stopped for about a month until someone used the shower, then it began to drip again. I just replaced the cartridge again and there was no leak when I first turned the water back on, but I turned it on to make sure it worked, and it started dripping again.

The first cartridge I replaced was only about a year old. I had a plumber do it because I could not get the old one out. When I replaced it last month, it was very difficult to get out and there was a divot in the oval ring, but that may have been caused when I removed it. The one I just pulled out looked fine.

I flushed it both times. The first replacement I scrubbed the casing and let a vinegar soaked rag sit inside it for 30 minutes or so. This time I just wiped it out with a paper towel and visually inspected it--no signs of damage.

I'd really like to not have to call a plumber, but I think cutting open the walls and replacing the valve casing is beyond my DIY skills.

submitted by /u/neuroticandobscene
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/3d4qI5c

没有评论:

发表评论