2020年1月27日星期一

Need help repairing my Maytag washer

Maytag PAV3300AWW

The washer started making a pretty loud noise, sounded like a bearing was seizing or something was stuck against the drum maybe. The noise was emitting when the washer was running, not pumping/draining or filling. Now, I dont wanna make this a relationship advice post but Im kinda frustrated that my wife 'had to' run the washer through the day so I just came home to a burning smell in the laundry room.

I made an assumption that it was the motor, so I ordered a $80 motor. Ive installed it with a new belt. I put it all back together and turned it on to immediately hear a buzzing noise. Like the motor is locked up? Not sure.

So I removed the belt and set the washer to spin and I can hear the motor kick on and see the motor pulley spin quickly.

I can freely rotate the transmission pulley, the pump is a bit noisy and rough, but can rotate easily as well. The motor rotates with my hand as well, so nothing is seized. The motor should be strong enough to rotate these, if I can can with my hand right?

Anyways, did I just throw away money on a motor? How can I diagnose this further? A water pump is $15 and new bearings and pulley arent too much more. Id hate to throw more at it if the transmission itself is shot. any way I can be certain the transmission is working fine and its just seized bearings?

submitted by /u/pawsforbear
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2O2IYBl

没有评论:

发表评论