2019年10月17日星期四

Shifting support bar on metal bed frame

Hi all. I’ve got a king size bed, but we are using two twin box springs underneath it for support. This is on top of a typical metal bed frame. The box springs are (unfortunately) the same length as the distance between the top and bottom supports, and therefore can’t rest on them at the same time. This makes the bed tilt drastically if you sit at the foot of it.

So I need to move the bottom support up 9”. I’ve drilled the holes and have bolts to fit. All that’s left is to remove the pivoting legs from the existing attachment point and bolt them into the new areas...

I have no idea how to get them off! It seems like they are riveted on, but I’m not positive. I cut off the head of one of them, but it didn’t separate the angles. Any help is appreciated.

Also, super not sure if this is the right sub, so my apologies if it’s not.

Picture of Bed Frame Attachment (It’s the silver head you can see in the image)

submitted by /u/FricaiAndlat
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/2Bmf7Ny

没有评论:

发表评论