2019年9月12日星期四

Dry laid limestone raised garden beds

So, I have gotten into gardening this summer, and I enjoy it so much, I’ve acquired some beautiful limestone I wanted to make dry-laid raised garden beds out of them. I know I need to sink them about 2”-3”, an inch of sand tamped down beneath the base level, make sure they’re level, but much more than that, I’m unsure. I want to make sure it will be structurally strong enough to withstand the weather, (I live in TX, zone 9b). I have pavers, can I sink them as a base and put the limestone on top, so I don’t have to sink the lime stone? Would it help if I sank a paver vertically, in front of the limestone, for extra strength to hold the base in place? What if there’s spaces, will that leak out too much water? I know the joints should be as flat as possible, so they’ll be stronger that way. The limestone I have are large and heavy, between 20 -100 lbs. Any and all suggestions are welcome, I’m not sure what would be most applicable here, out of my options.

submitted by /u/HeartMyPussy
[link] [comments]

from DIY https://ift.tt/31hzyGt

没有评论:

发表评论